We collect the following types of information for the following purposes:
Information you provide us directly:
- Your username, password and e-mail address when you register for an Event Penguin account.
- Profile information that you provide for your user profile (e.g., first and last name, picture, phone number). This information allows us to help you or others be "found" on Event Penguin.
- User Content (e.g., photos, comments, and other materials) that you post to the Service.
- Communications between you and Event Penguin. For example, we may send you Service-related emails (e.g., account verification, changes/updates to features of the Service, technical and security notices). Note that you may not opt out of Service-related e-mails.
- We may also collect information that you submit when you participate in any interactive features, surveys, contests, promotions, sweepstakes, activities or events.
We do not collect any payment information. All payments are processed by Stripe. We also do not collect any information about your location nor will we sell your information to any third parties.
You are responsible for Your Content. You represent and warrant that you own Your Content or that you have all rights necessary to grant us a license to use Your Content as described in these Terms. You also represent and warrant that Your Content and the use and provision of Your Content on the Services will not violate any applicable laws or rights of any third party, including without limitation any intellectual property rights, publicity rights, or rights of privacy. You are responsible for any activity that occurs through your account and you agree you will not sell, transfer, license or assign your account, followers, username, or any account rights. With the exception of people or businesses that are expressly authorized to create accounts on behalf of their employers or clients, Event Penguin prohibits the creation of and you agree that you will not create an account for anyone other than yourself. You also represent and warrant that all information you provide or provided to Event Penguin upon registration and at all other times will be true, accurate, current and complete and you agree to update your information as necessary to maintain its truth and accuracy.
You retain any ownership rights you have in Your Content, but you grant Event Penguin the following license to use that Content:
When Your Content is created with or submitted to the Services, you grant us a worldwide, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive, transferable, and sublicensable license to use, copy, modify, adapt, prepare derivative works from, distribute, perform, and display Your Content and any name, username, voice, or likeness provided in connection with Your Content in all media formats and channels now known or later developed. This license includes the right for us to make Your Content available for syndication, broadcast, distribution, or publication by other companies, organizations, or individuals who partner with Event Penguin. You also agree that we may remove metadata associated with Your Content, and you irrevocably waive any claims and assertions of moral rights or attribution with respect to Your Content.
Any ideas, suggestions, and feedback about Event Penguin or our Services that you provide to us are entirely voluntary, and you agree that Event Penguin may use such ideas, suggestions, and feedback without compensation or obligation to you.
Rights and Limits
Your License to Event Penguin - You own all of the content, feedback, and personal information you provide to us, but you also grant us a non-exclusive license to it.